The U Shaped 2 Choice Field was used to read out behavioral states of sociability in rodents in an experiment by Eun-Hwa Lee et al.(2018). It can be used to measure animal’s behavioral responses to two contrasting orsimilar options, such as (i) a social target versus an inanimate object, (ii) a new stranger versus an earlier stranger, and (iii) a novel animal (a non-mate) versus a cage-mate (a familiar animal).
The U-shaped two-choice field is a modified open field that is partially partitioned with a wall to the central point, so that a ‘U-shaped’ field that contains two closed quadrants and two open quadrants of the same size is formed.
Mazeengineers offers the U Shaped 2 Choice Field.
Price & Dimensions
- Width of field: 45cm
- Depth of field: 45cm
- Height of field: 35cm
- Width of partitioning wall: 20cm
- Height of partitioning wall: 35cm
- Diameter of circular grid cages: 12cm
- Height of circular grid cages: 33cm
- Thickness of field panel: 1cm
- Width of field: 59.8cm
- Depth of field: 59.8cm
- Height of field: 46.5cm
- Width of partitioning wall: 26.6cm
- Height of partitioning wall: 46.5cm
- Diameter of circular grid cages: 15.9cm
- Height of circular grid cages: 43.8cm
- Thickness of field panel: 1.33cm
Are you an academic scientist and creator?
Learn how your lab can tech transfer this and similar devices from your lab to industry.