Lesions of the pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus block drug-induced reinforcement but not amphetamine-induced locomotion (Olmstead 1994)
- The CPP apparatus consists of three compartments made of Acrylic with a Plexiglas front wall.
- Two of the compartments are identical in size (45×45×30 cm).
- One compartment had white walls with wood chips floor.
- The other Compartment had black walls with wire mesh floor.
- The third compartment, an unpainted tunnel (36 x 18 x 20 cm), connects the two entrances.