Cocaine-induced place conditioning: importance of route of administration and other procedural variables (nomikos 1988)
- Plexiglas rectangular box (95 x 45 x 30 cm).
- Each box was divided by guillotine doors into two end compartments (40 x 45 x 30 cm each) and a middle choice area (15 x 45 x 30 cm).
- Patterns of white, gray and white with vertical stripes of 2 cm wide black tape, 2 cm apart, behind the transparent Plexiglass walls, faced the interior of the right, middle and left compartments respectively.
- The right and middle compartment had a stainless steel bar floor while the left compartment had a mesh floor.
- Two phototransistors, each one attached on the external side of the Plexiglass wall of each end compartment at a distance of 2 cm from the choice area and 3 cm above the floor, were activated by light coming from infrared LEDs attached on the opposite side.