Place preference conditioning with methylphenidate and nomifensine (Martin Iverson 1985)
- The shuttle boxes consisted of aluminum and Plexiglas chambers (80 x 25 x 36 cm).
- Two large compartments (34×25 cm) were separated by guillotine doors from a small central grey area (11×25 cm).
- One having black walls and a grid floor.
- The other having white walls and a mesh floor (1.2 cm squares).
- The shuttle boxes were mounted on a fulcrum permitting the time spent in each large compartment to be recorded by electromechanical equipment.