The lateral nucleus of the amygdala mediates expression of the amphetamine-produced conditioned place preference (Hiroi 1991)
- The CPP apparatus was made of Acrylic, with a Plexiglas front wall.
- Two compartments were identical in size (45 x 45 x 30 cm).
- One compartment was painted white and had a smooth floor.
- The other compartment was painted black with white vertical stripes. The floor of the compartment was made of 12-mm wire mesh.
- An unpainted tunnel (36 x 18 x 20 cm), protruding from the rear of the two large compartments, connected the two entrances.
Blockade of D-1 receptors by SCH 23390 antagonizes morphine and amphetamine-induced place preference conditioning (Leone 1987)
- Two square-base Plexiglas compartments (h 38 × l 30 x w 30 cm).
- Chamber 1: White walls
- Chamber 2: Grey walls
- Transparent covers, separated by guillotine doors.