Differential effects of excitotoxic lesions of the amygdala on cocaine-induced conditioned locomotion and conditioned place preference (Brown 1993)
Behavioral and Neurochemical Interactions between Cocaine and Buprenorphine: Implications for the Pharmacotherapy of Cocaine Abuse (Brown 1990)
- A shuttle box (80 x 25 cm, 35 cm).
- The box was divided into two compartments (34 x 25 cm) joined by a tunnel (8 x 8 x 6 cm) that could be closed at both ends by guillotine doors.
- One compartment had solid brown walls and a 1.2-cm wire mesh floor.
- The other compartment had walls with black and white strips 1 cm wide and a floor of parallel bars spaced 1.2 cm apart).
- Each shuttle box was mounted on a fulcrum, allowing its position to be detected by micro switches.